- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time: 5
- * 3 cups apple juice
- * 3/4 cup bourbon (I didn’t use bourbon either time. No particular reason why, and it still comes out beautifully!)
- * 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- * 1 bay leaf
- * 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter
- * 1 Golden Delicious apple, chopped
- * 1/4 cup chopped onion
- * 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- * 2 cups pan juices from Savory Herb Roasted Turkey
- * 1/4 teaspoon salt
- * 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Discard bay leaf.
- 2. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in apple and onion; sauté 8 minutes or until onion is tender and apple begins to caramelize.
- 3. Whisk in flour, and cook, whisking constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. Gradually add pan juices and apple juice mixture to pan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
NotesThis recipe came from a Southern Living cookbook that belonged to my mother. She no longer has it, so I can't properly list the title and year!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
Get Fit With Good Food!
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More