APPLE BOURBON GRAVY
- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time: 5
- * 3 cups apple juice
- * 3/4 cup bourbon (I didn’t use bourbon either time. No particular reason why, and it still comes out beautifully!)
- * 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- * 1 bay leaf
- * 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter
- * 1 Golden Delicious apple, chopped
- * 1/4 cup chopped onion
- * 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- * 2 cups pan juices from Savory Herb Roasted Turkey
- * 1/4 teaspoon salt
- * 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Discard bay leaf.
2. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in apple and onion; sauté 8 minutes or until onion is tender and apple begins to caramelize.
3. Whisk in flour, and cook, whisking constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. Gradually add pan juices and apple juice mixture to pan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.