- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time: 5
- * 3 cups apple juice
- * 3/4 cup bourbon (I didn’t use bourbon either time. No particular reason why, and it still comes out beautifully!)
- * 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- * 1 bay leaf
- * 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter
- * 1 Golden Delicious apple, chopped
- * 1/4 cup chopped onion
- * 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- * 2 cups pan juices from Savory Herb Roasted Turkey
- * 1/4 teaspoon salt
- * 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Discard bay leaf.
- 2. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in apple and onion; sauté 8 minutes or until onion is tender and apple begins to caramelize.
- 3. Whisk in flour, and cook, whisking constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. Gradually add pan juices and apple juice mixture to pan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
NotesThis recipe came from a Southern Living cookbook that belonged to my mother. She no longer has it, so I can't properly list the title and year!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More