APPLE BREAD PUDDING
- Cooking Time: 40-45
- Servings: 10
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 cups cubed French bread
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cinnamon baking chips, melted for topping
Preheat oven to 350F
In large skillet, melt butter. Stir in apples & brown sugar. Cook over med. heat for 6-7 min. or until apples are tender,stirring occasionally.
Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9x2 in. baking dish.
Add the apple mixture, chips, raisins and walnuts; toss to coat.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream & vanilla; pour over bread mixture.
Bake, 40-45 min. or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Drizzle with melted cinnamon chips.
Makes 10 servings