- Cooking Time: 40-45
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 cups cubed French bread
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cinnamon baking chips, melted for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In large skillet, melt butter. Stir in apples & brown sugar. Cook over med. heat for 6-7 min. or until apples are tender,stirring occasionally.
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9x2 in. baking dish.
- Add the apple mixture, chips, raisins and walnuts; toss to coat.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream & vanilla; pour over bread mixture.
- Bake, 40-45 min. or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Drizzle with melted cinnamon chips.
- Makes 10 servings
NotesI like this right out of the oven, smells so good cooking.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More