1/2 Cup Butter or margarine
3/4 Cup sugar
1/4 Cup honey
1 Cup whole wheat flour
1 Cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice (or ground cloves)
2 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped. Sprinkle with lemon juice if not using immediatley
1. Preheat oven to 350F (175C)
2. Lightly grease and 8x4 inch loaf pan
3. In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice
4. In a large bowl beat butter with sugar until smooth and creamy.
5. Beat eggs into butter and sugar, one at a time
6. Add honey to butter,sugar, and eggs just until blended
7. Combine flour mixture into butter mixture until moist
8. Fold in apples
9. Pour mixture into pan
10. Bake for 45 minutes, check for doneness; bread should look dark brown and a toothpick should come out clean if inserted in center of loaf. If bread is not done bake for 5 minute intervals until done.
Pairs Well With
*Original recipe said to bake for 1 hour and our loaves came out very burnt (but the middles were delicious).