- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup prepared apple butter
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves, allspice and nutmeg. Stir to combine.
- With an electric mixer, beat eggs, butter, apple butter, applesauce and milk. Stir in nuts (and raisins, if using). Combine liquid and dry ingredients, stirring just until mixed.
- Turn into loaf pans sprayed with non-stick spray, either 4 (5 1/2x3-inch) loaf pans, or 1 (9 1/2x5 1/2-inch) loaf pan.
- For small loaves, bake 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- For 1 large loaf, bake 55-60 minutes. Cool in pan 5 minutes and turn out onto a rack to finish cooling.
- Use within 2 days or freeze up to a month.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More