APPLE BUTTER QUICK BREAD
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter or margarine, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup prepared apple butter
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (optional)
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves, allspice and nutmeg. Stir to combine.
With an electric mixer, beat eggs, butter, apple butter, applesauce and milk. Stir in nuts (and raisins, if using). Combine liquid and dry ingredients, stirring just until mixed.
Turn into loaf pans sprayed with non-stick spray, either 4 (5 1/2x3-inch) loaf pans, or 1 (9 1/2x5 1/2-inch) loaf pan.
For small loaves, bake 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
For 1 large loaf, bake 55-60 minutes. Cool in pan 5 minutes and turn out onto a rack to finish cooling.
Use within 2 days or freeze up to a month.