- Cooking Time: 240
- Servings: 8 jars
- Preparation Time: 45
- 15 apples, cored and quartered
- 4 cups apple cider
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups sugar
- Place apples and cider into a large stock pot.
- Bring to a boil, then turn heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. The apples will fall apart on their own.
- Press the mixture through a food mill to remove the peel and return the liquid to the pot.
- Add sugar and spices, bring to a boil again, then reduce heat and simmer on low heat for 3-5 hours, until mixture is the thickness that you prefer.
- Store in the refrigerator or process in canning jars per your canner's specifications.
NotesI was on a quest this summer to create the perfect apple butter. After several batches, this is the one I liked the best. Time to pull out the food mill!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More