APPLE-BUTTERMILK BUNDT MUFFINS
- Cooking Time: 30
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 2 large white eggs
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons of nonfat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened unseasoned apple butter
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
Heat oven to 400 degrees
Whisk together the whole wheat flour, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
in a seperate bowl, combine the egg whites, buttermilk, apple butter, brown sugar, and maple syrup. Beat that together untiI its smooth.
Next, add the dry ingredients to the buttermilk mixture. Stir just untiI moistened. Then distribute the batter evenly among the cups in a nonstick pan. You can use either a bundt pan or a non stick muffin tin.
Bake them for 20 to 30 minutes, or untiI a toothpick is clean (when inserted, into the center). Cool for about 10 minutes.
To store them, seal them inside a plastic bag and refrigerate or freeze.