- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon each baking powder and baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup each granulated and packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups (about 1/2 lb. or 1 large) pared, cored and finely
- chopped Rome Beauty apples
- 1/2 cup nuts
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside. Cream butter and sugars; beat in eggs one at a time and vanilla. Stir in buttermilk alternately with flour mixture. Fold in apples, nuts and orange peel. Pour into two 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 5/8 - inch greased and floured loaf pans. Bake at 350¦ F. 50 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack. Wrap and let stand overnight to allow flavors to blend. Makes two loaves.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Koken met OmaSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More