- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 12 cups vegetable oil
- 14 cup orange juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 14 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 3 cups peeled & finely chopped apples
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 12 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup sugar
- **12 cup buttermilk
- 12 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Generously grease a tube pan.
- For the cake: in a large bowl, combine the sugar, eggs, oil, orange juice, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon & vanilla extract; & mix well. Fold apples, coconut, & pecans into batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan & bake until a tester comes out clean, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Shortly before the cake is done, make the sauce: Melt the butter in a large saucepan, stir in the sugar, buttermilk, & baking soda, & bring to a good rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Pour the sauce over the hot cake in the pan as soon as you remove it from the oven. Let stand 1 hour, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
- **Substitute for Buttermilk: 1 cup milk, 2 tsp. vinegar, Let sit 5-10 minutes
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More