- Cooking Time: 45-55 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all purpose or unbleached flour
- 1-3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp soda
- ¾ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups (2 medium) peeled, thinly sliced apples
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 to 4 tsp milk
- 1- Heat oven to 350F. Generously grease ( using 1 tablespoon solid shortening) and flour a 12 cup bundt pan. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup, level off.
- 2- In large bowl, blend all cake ingredients except nuts and raising; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in nuts and raisins. Spoon into prepared pan. Bake 45-55 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Cool upright in pan 30 minutes, invert onto serving plate. Cool completely.
- For Caramel Glaze:
- In small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar; remove from heat. Add powdered sugar, vanilla and milk; blend well. Immediately spoon over cake.
NotesThis recipe was posted many years ago on our local newspaper. It is a tried & true recipe for me. I have been baking this cake for several years for Thanksgivings. It has a moist texture and the caramel glaze makes it extra delicious. It is my husband's favorite cake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More