- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups red delicious apples, chopped (not fine)
- 3 cups flour
- 1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
- 2. Grease and flour three 8” cake pans.
- 3. Put oil, sugar, eggs, pecans, soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl; blend.
- 4. Stir in apples.
- 5. Fold in flour 1 cup at a time.
- 6. Spoon into cake pans; bake for 30 minutes then reduce to oven to 300° and bake for another 15 minutes.
- 7. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pans.
- 8-ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 box powdered sugar
- 1. Combine all ingredients together and mix until smooth.
- 2. Frost cake between layers and on top, do not frost the sides.