APPLE CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups red delicious apples, chopped (not fine)
- 3 cups flour
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Grease and flour three 8” cake pans.
3. Put oil, sugar, eggs, pecans, soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl; blend.
4. Stir in apples.
5. Fold in flour 1 cup at a time.
6. Spoon into cake pans; bake for 30 minutes then reduce to oven to 300° and bake for another 15 minutes.
7. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pans.
8-ounces cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup butter, softened
1 box powdered sugar
1. Combine all ingredients together and mix until smooth.
2. Frost cake between layers and on top, do not frost the sides.