- Cooking Time: 80 minutes
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 3 eggs
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 3 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 c. apples, peeled & chopped small
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans or walnuts
- Brown Sugar Glaze:
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp evaporated milk
- Combine eggs, sugar and oil in a large mixing bowl; beat well.
- Combine flour, soda, salt and cinnamon; add to sugar mixture and beat well.
- Stir in apples and pecan. Batter will be stiff.
- Spoon batter into greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool completely.
- Drizzle with Brown Sugar Glaze.
- For Glaze: Combine all ingredients in small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Cool to lukewarm; drizzle over cake
NotesI honestly don't remember where I got this recipe. But, I make it quite often. It's really moist and yummy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More