- Cooking Time: 80 minutes
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 3 eggs
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 3 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 c. apples, peeled & chopped small
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans or walnuts
- Brown Sugar Glaze:
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp evaporated milk
- Combine eggs, sugar and oil in a large mixing bowl; beat well.
- Combine flour, soda, salt and cinnamon; add to sugar mixture and beat well.
- Stir in apples and pecan. Batter will be stiff.
- Spoon batter into greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool completely.
- Drizzle with Brown Sugar Glaze.
- For Glaze: Combine all ingredients in small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Cool to lukewarm; drizzle over cake
NotesI honestly don't remember where I got this recipe. But, I make it quite often. It's really moist and yummy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
A Falcon Feast
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday EntertainingSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More