- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup canola oil, plus more for greasing
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 Granny Smith apples (about 1¼ pounds)-peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2¼ cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt or tube pan. In a medium bowl, combine the 2½ cups of flour with the baking powder and 2 teaspoons of the cinnamon. In a large bowl, toss the apples with ¼ cup of the sugar and the remaining 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and set aside.
- In a standing mixed fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the 1 cup of oil with the eggs, orange juice, vanilla and the remaining 2 cups of sugar on medium speed for 1 minute. Add the flour in 3 batches, mixing until just combined. Add the apples and stir to combine. Transfer to the pan, leaving about an inch at the top, and bake until golden and a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean, about 1½ hours. Let the cake cool in the pan for about 30 minutes before unmolding it onto a rack to cool completely.
NotesGot this from Everyday with Rachael Ray. Moist and delicious, it's perfect for entertaining company or even great as a breakfast cake.
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Black Bean Salad
Gabriola Clam Chowder
PUMPKIN CUSTARD PROFITEROLES WITH MAPLE CARAMELSee More