- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup canola oil, plus more for greasing
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 Granny Smith apples (about 1¼ pounds)-peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2¼ cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt or tube pan. In a medium bowl, combine the 2½ cups of flour with the baking powder and 2 teaspoons of the cinnamon. In a large bowl, toss the apples with ¼ cup of the sugar and the remaining 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and set aside.
- In a standing mixed fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the 1 cup of oil with the eggs, orange juice, vanilla and the remaining 2 cups of sugar on medium speed for 1 minute. Add the flour in 3 batches, mixing until just combined. Add the apples and stir to combine. Transfer to the pan, leaving about an inch at the top, and bake until golden and a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean, about 1½ hours. Let the cake cool in the pan for about 30 minutes before unmolding it onto a rack to cool completely.
NotesGot this from Everyday with Rachael Ray. Moist and delicious, it's perfect for entertaining company or even great as a breakfast cake.
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More