- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups peeled diced apples
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time; add vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Add to the creamed mixture, stirring only until well blended.
- Fold in the peeled diced apples.
- Spread batter evenly in a greased 9x13-inch pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for approximately 40 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Serve warm with Hot Butter Sauce.