- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 - 8 medium apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chai tea
- Chop up your apples, and skins on put them in a bowl. I chopped them into quarters and then the quarters into about 1" pieces.
- Add your cup of sugar, and pop them in the fridge for one hour to mascerate. When you take them out, there will be a load of liquid mixed in with the apples, and they'll be a bit browned.
- I did this in my slow cooker. Turn it to medium and let your apples cook for about an hour.
- Then add one cup of brewed chai tea, and cook for another hour or so. If you're doing this on the stovetop, cook it to a temperature of 220F, then turn down the heat and let it simmer for about 20 minutes, until the apples are soft enough to blender.
- Go to town with your blender, hand blender thingie, or food processor. You want as few chunks as possible.
- Boil some canning jars, and fill them with appley goodness. This makes about 3 1-cup jars.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More