- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10
- Serves 1-2
- 3 eggs
- 1 T heavy cream
- 1/2 shredded cheddar cheese (gruyere would be nice too)
- 1/2 thinly slice gala apple - peeled or unpeeled - your choice
- 1 pat of butter
- lace butter in 7 inch non stick saute pan and add apples. Saute apples until soft. ( you can skip this step if you are using the broiler). The apples will soften with the additional cooking in the broiler.
- Whisk eggs with cream.
- Remove apples from pan. Add eggs and cheese to pan, top with the apple slices arranged in a circular pattern.
- Cook on medium heat, pushing the edges with a rubber spatula so the uncooked parts run to the edges. Push gently only on the edges, so you don't end up with scrambled eggs. After a few minutes, gently use the spatula to lift the frittata to check for browning on the bottom. Once the bottom is browned, carefully lift the frittata with a wide spatula and flip it over to brown the other side. At this point, you can elect to skip the flipping and place the pan in the broiler to brown the top.
NotesI love creating Frittatas - so easy to make and you can be creative with the recipes. This Apple Cheddar Frittata combines a bit of sweet and savory for a winning combination.
Frittatas are great for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Foodie BabySee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More