- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 scones
- Preparation Time:
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp.sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp.baking powder
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 1/4 tsp.baking soda
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup ( 4oz. ) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced peeled apples
- In a bowl,combine the first five ingredients.Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.Stir in the buttermilk just until moistened.Gently fold in the cheese and apples.Turn onto a floured surface;knead 10 times.
- Pat into a 9 in. circle.Cut into eight wedges.Separate wedges and place on a greased baking sheet.Bake at 450 for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
NotesWhen making treats with fresh apples,use the small end of a melon baller to neatly and easily scoop out the core from halved apples.
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More