- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 scones
- Preparation Time:
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp.sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp.baking powder
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 1/4 tsp.baking soda
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup ( 4oz. ) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced peeled apples
- In a bowl,combine the first five ingredients.Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.Stir in the buttermilk just until moistened.Gently fold in the cheese and apples.Turn onto a floured surface;knead 10 times.
- Pat into a 9 in. circle.Cut into eight wedges.Separate wedges and place on a greased baking sheet.Bake at 450 for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
NotesWhen making treats with fresh apples,use the small end of a melon baller to neatly and easily scoop out the core from halved apples.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
The Italian Exchange
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More