- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 scones
- Preparation Time:
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp.sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp.baking powder
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 1/4 tsp.baking soda
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup ( 4oz. ) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced peeled apples
- In a bowl,combine the first five ingredients.Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.Stir in the buttermilk just until moistened.Gently fold in the cheese and apples.Turn onto a floured surface;knead 10 times.
- Pat into a 9 in. circle.Cut into eight wedges.Separate wedges and place on a greased baking sheet.Bake at 450 for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
NotesWhen making treats with fresh apples,use the small end of a melon baller to neatly and easily scoop out the core from halved apples.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More