- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 25
- 10 -12 flour tortillas (6 1/2 inch)
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (20 ounce) can cooked apples, drained very well
- 1/2 cup almond toffee pieces
- CINNAMON SUGAR:
- 1/2 cup sugar, and
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon, mixed very well
- vanilla ice cream
- caramel topping
- 1 Beat cream cheese until fluffy; add sugar and eggs, then beat again.
- 2 Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- 3 Fold toffee bits and apple pieces into cheese mixture.
- 4 On tortilla, place a serving in the middle, about 2 1/2 inches from each side of shell.
- 5 Tuck sides in slightly and roll shell to seal the filling and hold in the cream cheese.
- 6 When all shells have been stuffed and rolled, place in refrigerator; chill to set filling.
- 7 In deep fryer heat vegetable oil.
- 8 When ready, place chimicheesecake in oil and fry until slightly golden, while carefully turning on each side.
- 9 Remove from oil.
- 10 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 11 Place chimicheesecake on cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- 12 Remove from oven and liberally sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- 13 Serve cheesecake slightly warm with a scoop of ice cream and caramel topping drizzled on top.
We used to get this desert at Applebees all the time and they stopped making it a few years ago! I found the recipe for it on food.com.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More