- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI've been trying to recreate the apple chutney from the Irish Pub around the corner. They won't give out the recipe or even tell me the ingredients. Today I came really close! It's so yummy! Serve it with pork roast or on good bread! Tomorrow I'm going to have some on a bagel with cream cheese!
- 3 granny smith apples, thinly sliced & chopped
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 3 figs, chopped
- 2/3 C raisins
- 1/2 C apple cider
- 1/2 C apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 2 TBLS molasses
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- cooking oil
- Thinly slice onions
- Put a small drizzle of cooking oil into a large pan.
- Add onions and caramelize really well.
- Add apple cider and apple cider vinegar.
- Add apples, figs and raisins. Stir
- Add brown sugar, molasses, cinnamon, allspice and cloves.
- Stir well.
- Cook on low for 1.5 to 2 hours; stirring occasionally.
- Makes about 4 cups.
- Serve warm with pork roast or chilled with good bread.