- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 granny smith apples, thinly sliced & chopped
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 3 figs, chopped
- 2/3 C raisins
- 1/2 C apple cider
- 1/2 C apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 2 TBLS molasses
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- cooking oil
- Thinly slice onions
- Put a small drizzle of cooking oil into a large pan.
- Add onions and caramelize really well.
- Add apple cider and apple cider vinegar.
- Add apples, figs and raisins. Stir
- Add brown sugar, molasses, cinnamon, allspice and cloves.
- Stir well.
- Cook on low for 1.5 to 2 hours; stirring occasionally.
- Makes about 4 cups.
- Serve warm with pork roast or chilled with good bread.
NotesI've been trying to recreate the apple chutney from the Irish Pub around the corner. They won't give out the recipe or even tell me the ingredients. Today I came really close! It's so yummy! Serve it with pork roast or on good bread! Tomorrow I'm going to have some on a bagel with cream cheese!