- Cooking Time: 20
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of table salt
- 1 cup of apple cider
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1) Preheat over to 350 degrees
- 2) Combine all the dry ingredients together and sift them.
- 3) Place the 1/2 cup of softened butter into the bowl of an electric mixer
- 4) Add 2/3 cup sugar
- 5) Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- 6) With the mixer running, add 2 eggs (one at a time).
- 7) Reduce the mixer speed to low and add in about 1/3 of the reserved flour mixture...
- 8) ...and then add 1/2 of the apple cider. Repeat these two steps, mixing in the remaining flour mixture and cider, ending with the flour.
- 9) Fill the prepared cupcake tin with the batter.
- 10) Bake the cupcakes at 350° F for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Cider Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup apple cider
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened but still cool
- 1 - 2 cups powdered sugar
- a pinch of salt
- ½ tsp maple syrup
- With an electric mixer, beat together cooled reduced cider, cream cheese, pinch of salt, and 1 cup of the powdered sugar. Add enough additional powdered sugar for desired frosting texture
NotesI got this recipe from a friend who also loves to bake!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
The Naked MacaronSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More