APPLE CIDER CUPCAKES & CIDER CREAM CHEESE FROSTING!
- Cooking Time: 20
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of table salt
- 1 cup of apple cider
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
1) Preheat over to 350 degrees
2) Combine all the dry ingredients together and sift them.
3) Place the 1/2 cup of softened butter into the bowl of an electric mixer
4) Add 2/3 cup sugar
5) Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
6) With the mixer running, add 2 eggs (one at a time).
7) Reduce the mixer speed to low and add in about 1/3 of the reserved flour mixture...
8) ...and then add 1/2 of the apple cider. Repeat these two steps, mixing in the remaining flour mixture and cider, ending with the flour.
9) Fill the prepared cupcake tin with the batter.
10) Bake the cupcakes at 350° F for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
Cider Cream Cheese Frosting
1 cup apple cider
4 oz. cream cheese, softened but still cool
1 - 2 cups powdered sugar
a pinch of salt
½ tsp maple syrup
With an electric mixer, beat together cooled reduced cider, cream cheese, pinch of salt, and 1 cup of the powdered sugar. Add enough additional powdered sugar for desired frosting texture