- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup Madeira wine
- 1/4 cup light-brown sugar
- 1/2 onion -- quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 slices uncooked bacon
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- 2 green apples -- peeled, cored, and
- sliced thin
- In a medium nonreactive pot, heat all ingredients except apples over medium heat, and reduce to 1 cup, about 20 minutes. Strain mixture, and discard solids. Add apples to the sauce, and continue to cook until apples are tender, about 15 minutes.
- "3 cups"
- NOTES : Preparing this sauce in a nonreactive pot allows the sugar to reduce and become syrupy without evaporating. You can prepare this up to a week in advance. Allow it to cool and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
GAES PTO Recipes
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More