- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 egg yolk and water to make 2/3 cup
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 6 to 8 apples, cored, peeled, and sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 to 5 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, salt, shortening, egg and water together until dough forms.
- Roll out half the dough to fit a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper.
- Sprinkle dough with oatmeal, apples, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Cover with reamaining rolled-out dough.
- Pinch edges together.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Mix powdered sugar and milk to make icing. Drizzle while still warm.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Layered Chocolate Cake
Cullen SkinkSee More