- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 egg yolk and water to make 2/3 cup
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 6 to 8 apples, cored, peeled, and sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 to 5 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, salt, shortening, egg and water together until dough forms.
- Roll out half the dough to fit a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper.
- Sprinkle dough with oatmeal, apples, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Cover with reamaining rolled-out dough.
- Pinch edges together.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Mix powdered sugar and milk to make icing. Drizzle while still warm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Two Layer Peppermint Bark
Spicy Bean Tamales
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!See More