APPLE-CINNAMON BREAD PUDDING WITH GINGER ALE SAUCE
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk, cream, or combination
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 cups cinnamon bread, cubed (about 15 slices)
- 1 (20 1/2-ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 packets apple cinnamon instant oatmeal (recommended: Quaker Oats)
- 1/2 cup ginger ale
- 1 package whipped topping mix (recommended: Dream Whip)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, rum extract, salt, and brown sugar. Stir in raisin bread, pie filling, raisins, and oatmeal packets until bread cubes are moist. Spray a 9 by 12-inch baking dish with the pan spray and pour the mixture into the dish. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake pudding until it has risen, browned, and a knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- For sauce: combine all ingredients in a bowl and blend with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Serve bread with a dollop of sauce. Cover and chill until ready to use.
NotesThis is really really good...
I didn't like the rum extract part so Ive done it both with vanilla or almond works nice too... same goes for the oatmeal I have used whatever I had that's flavored and if its plain then just add a bit more cinnamon... its really really good and you can even set it up right before your company comes and then just throw it in the oven with enough time for it to get done and the house will smell great too!!! Its fool proof cuz Ive never been able to make bread pudding and have it set up nice and all... this ones easy!!!
Prep Time: 10 min
Inactive Prep Time: 0 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Serves: 6 to 8 servings