APPLE CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 3 servings of 2 pieces
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup no sugar added apple sauce
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup vanilla soy milk (or other milk/ milk substitute)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 pieces whole wheat bread
- powdered sugar or syrup for topping
Whisk together apple sauce, eggs, soy milk and cinnamon on a plate.
Preheat skillet over medium heat. Grease skillet with butter, coconut oil or olive oil spray.
Place 2 pieces of wheat bread on top of egg mixture. Allow to stand about 30 seconds. Flip bread over and allow to stand 30 more seconds.
Move bread to greased skillet and cook about 5 minutes on each side or until browned.
Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all bread has been used
Serve french toast warm with a dusting of powdered sugar or a drizzle of maple syrup