- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 3 servings of 2 pieces
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup no sugar added apple sauce
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup vanilla soy milk (or other milk/ milk substitute)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 pieces whole wheat bread
- powdered sugar or syrup for topping
- Whisk together apple sauce, eggs, soy milk and cinnamon on a plate.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. Grease skillet with butter, coconut oil or olive oil spray.
- Place 2 pieces of wheat bread on top of egg mixture. Allow to stand about 30 seconds. Flip bread over and allow to stand 30 more seconds.
- Move bread to greased skillet and cook about 5 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all bread has been used
- Serve french toast warm with a dusting of powdered sugar or a drizzle of maple syrup
NotesThis is a great breaskfast on a cold morning. The apple flavor is subtle and a great way to get some more fruit and fiber in your diet
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More