- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 3 servings of 2 pieces
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup no sugar added apple sauce
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup vanilla soy milk (or other milk/ milk substitute)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 pieces whole wheat bread
- powdered sugar or syrup for topping
- Whisk together apple sauce, eggs, soy milk and cinnamon on a plate.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. Grease skillet with butter, coconut oil or olive oil spray.
- Place 2 pieces of wheat bread on top of egg mixture. Allow to stand about 30 seconds. Flip bread over and allow to stand 30 more seconds.
- Move bread to greased skillet and cook about 5 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all bread has been used
- Serve french toast warm with a dusting of powdered sugar or a drizzle of maple syrup
NotesThis is a great breaskfast on a cold morning. The apple flavor is subtle and a great way to get some more fruit and fiber in your diet
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More