APPLE CINNAMON OATMEAL COOKIES
- Cooking Time: 10-12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking power
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- pinch of fresh nutmeg
- pinch of all spice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 T unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 apple, diced (I used Granny Smith)
- 1 1/4 cup oats - not quick cooking
- 3/4 cup cinnamon chips (I used less)
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Line a cookie sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, all spice and cinnamon. Whisk until combined.
- In the bowl of a mixer combine the butter and sugars until smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- On low, slowly add in the flour mixture. Don't over mix. Mix just until the flour mixture disappears.
- Stir in oats and cinnamon chips. Drop rounded tablespoons of the cookie dough onto the cookie sheet. Place the cookies 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for a couple of minutes. When set, transfer to a cooling rack.
NotesI found this while I was stumbling around on Stumbleupon, I know it was a food bloggers website.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Award - Winning Tortilla SoupSee More