- Cooking Time: 10-12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking power
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- pinch of fresh nutmeg
- pinch of all spice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 T unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 apple, diced (I used Granny Smith)
- 1 1/4 cup oats - not quick cooking
- 3/4 cup cinnamon chips (I used less)
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Line a cookie sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, all spice and cinnamon. Whisk until combined.
- In the bowl of a mixer combine the butter and sugars until smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- On low, slowly add in the flour mixture. Don't over mix. Mix just until the flour mixture disappears.
- Stir in oats and cinnamon chips. Drop rounded tablespoons of the cookie dough onto the cookie sheet. Place the cookies 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for a couple of minutes. When set, transfer to a cooling rack.
NotesI found this while I was stumbling around on Stumbleupon, I know it was a food bloggers website.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More