- Cooking Time: 35-45
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2-3 Gala Apples, unpeeled, sliced into 1/2" thick wedges
- 1/2C Packed Dark Brown sugar
- 1 1/2t Ground Cinnamon
- 1t Lemon zest
- 1T Lemon Juice
- 1 1/4C AP Flour, sifted
- 6T Unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2C Granulated sugar
- 1/2t Baking Powder
- 1/2t Salt
- 1 Jumbo Egg
- 1t Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a shallow baking dish, spray with non-stick cooking spray
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly on the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle cinnamon over brown sugar.
- Place apple wedges in a decorative pattern over the brown sugar
- Sprinkle lemon zest and lemon juice over apple wedges evenly. Set aside.
- Cream butter and granulated sugar in a mixer using the paddle attachment.
- Add egg, mix well. Add vanilla. Mix well.
- Slowly add flour, salt and baking powder. Mix until just combined. Scrape down sides of the bowl. Mix by hand until well combined and batter is smooth. Do not over mix.
- Pour over the apple wedges and spread evenly.
- Bake in oven about 35-45 minutes, or until the cake is golden and a toothpick comes out clean when put in center of cake.
- Let cool about 15 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edges of the dish to loosen the sides. Put a large enough plate/platter on top of the dish and turn tart upside down and carefully lift the baking dish and the tart should come right out onto the plate so the apple wedges are presentation side up.
NotesIt was just a creation because I love apples but eating them raw makes my throat and mouth react in a bad way...I'm allergic. Eating them cooked is the only way I can eat my apples...=)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More