- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 8 servings
- Preparation Time: about 20 minutes
BackstoryThis wonderful and delicious coffee cake recipe comes from 'Kitchen Comforts: Recipes to Feed Body and Soul', by Gay T. Boassy. *The recipe in the book is titled simply 'Coffee Cake', because you can use any variety of pie filling; I decided to use apple pie filling. **I also had to use two cans of filling.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cups vegetable oil
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 (21 oz.) can pie filling (any variety)**
- 3 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix the first six ingredients together in a large mixing bowl; pour half of the batter into a greased and floured 13 X 9-inch baking pan (batter will be thick).
- Spread pie filling over batter and cover with the remaining cake batter.
- In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar; sprinkle over the top; bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.