- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups stone-ground cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon white vinegar
- 3/4 cup peeled, diced Granny Smith apples*
- Cooking spray
- Special equipment:
- Mini-muffin pan
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries (they should be frozen solid, not thawed) can be substituted for the apples
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine eggs, milk, butter, vanilla, and vinegar in another.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients, and pour in the wet ingredients; stir just until combined.
- Stir in apples, just until incorporated.
- Spray mini-muffin tin with cooking spray, and divide batter evenly; bake 7 to 8 minutes, until a test comes out clean.
- Remove from tin, using a small offset spatula if necessary; cool on a rack. Serve.
NotesThese look like a nice little muffin for Thanksgiving.
Inspired by chef, restaurateur, and TV personality Bobby Flay. Try smearing these with apricot jam when they're warm from the oven it's a nice match
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More