- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 6-8 medium baking apples (I used Honeycrisp)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F.; butter a 9” ceramic, deep-dish pie plate.
- Peel, core and thinly slice the apples and place them in the buttered pie plate. Mix one tablespoon of sugar with one tablespoon of cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over the apples; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar and cinnamon. Add the butter, egg and vanilla and mix well with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined. The mixture will be like cookie dough. Spread the batter evenly over the top of the apples. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top is browned and the apples are bubbling.
NotesA co-worker brought a variation of this to work and it was way more popular than my chocolate cupcakes. While I did make some adjustments, the name just couldn't be changed. This stuff is addicting.
Bombshell Approved: Fast, Simple, Satisfying
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Chicken with Basil-Lemon-Garlic Oil, Parmesan, and Black Pepper
Blue Cheese Pull Apart Loaf
MINESTRONE SOUPSee More