- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 6-8 medium baking apples (I used Honeycrisp)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F.; butter a 9” ceramic, deep-dish pie plate.
- Peel, core and thinly slice the apples and place them in the buttered pie plate. Mix one tablespoon of sugar with one tablespoon of cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over the apples; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar and cinnamon. Add the butter, egg and vanilla and mix well with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined. The mixture will be like cookie dough. Spread the batter evenly over the top of the apples. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top is browned and the apples are bubbling.
NotesA co-worker brought a variation of this to work and it was way more popular than my chocolate cupcakes. While I did make some adjustments, the name just couldn't be changed. This stuff is addicting.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More