- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 6-8 medium baking apples (I used Honeycrisp)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F.; butter a 9” ceramic, deep-dish pie plate.
- Peel, core and thinly slice the apples and place them in the buttered pie plate. Mix one tablespoon of sugar with one tablespoon of cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over the apples; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar and cinnamon. Add the butter, egg and vanilla and mix well with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined. The mixture will be like cookie dough. Spread the batter evenly over the top of the apples. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top is browned and the apples are bubbling.
NotesA co-worker brought a variation of this to work and it was way more popular than my chocolate cupcakes. While I did make some adjustments, the name just couldn't be changed. This stuff is addicting.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More