- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 c. chopped unpeeled apples (I typically use a combo of red and golden or granny smith apples, but any apples will do)
- 1 12 oz. pkg. fresh cranberries (strained and picked over)
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. melted butter
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. quick oats
- 3/4 t. salt
- Combine apples and cranberries and place in casserole dish (Pam spray dish first).
- Combine pecans and sugar and sprinkle on top of apples and cranberries. (This will seem like A LOT of sugar - bang the casserole dish on the countertop to get sugar to sift down into the fruit.)
- Mix butter, brown sugar, oats and salt.
- Pat over top of fruit (Sometimes I double the amount of oatmeal topping if it is a wide casserole dish so that it covers the entire top.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. This can be a Thanksgiving side dish or a dessert.
NotesWe have our Thanksgiving Potluck in the office and I had to share this really great recipe that someone brought in. It was wonderful...notice in the direction how you have to "bang the casserole dish". I *heart* my coworkers. :) The recipe is posted exactly how she emailed it to me.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More