- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 c. chopped unpeeled apples (I typically use a combo of red and golden or granny smith apples, but any apples will do)
- 1 12 oz. pkg. fresh cranberries (strained and picked over)
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. melted butter
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. quick oats
- 3/4 t. salt
- Combine apples and cranberries and place in casserole dish (Pam spray dish first).
- Combine pecans and sugar and sprinkle on top of apples and cranberries. (This will seem like A LOT of sugar - bang the casserole dish on the countertop to get sugar to sift down into the fruit.)
- Mix butter, brown sugar, oats and salt.
- Pat over top of fruit (Sometimes I double the amount of oatmeal topping if it is a wide casserole dish so that it covers the entire top.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. This can be a Thanksgiving side dish or a dessert.
NotesWe have our Thanksgiving Potluck in the office and I had to share this really great recipe that someone brought in. It was wonderful...notice in the direction how you have to "bang the casserole dish". I *heart* my coworkers. :) The recipe is posted exactly how she emailed it to me.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Mom's Cooking SecretsSee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More