- Cooking Time: about 1 hour
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds Golden Delicious apples (about 4 medium size) peeled, cored, and cut in bite sized chunks (5 cups)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- lightly grease a shallow 2 quart backing dish
- Topping: Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in medium size bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender (or 2 knives) until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Filling: Put apples, cranberries and sugar into prepared dish. Toss gently to mix.
- Sprinkle with topping. Pat lightly with fingertips.
- Bake about 1 hour or until top is golden band filling bubbles
NotesMade it for holidays when I was a kid -B
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in Film
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Sailstad Family CookbookSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More