- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 large apples, unpeeled and cored
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Place apple quarters in a heavy saucepan with cider and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar and prevent scorching. Continue to cook and stir until apples become mushy. Puree through food mill and stir in spices and lemon zest. Cool.
- While apple puree cools, beat cream until it forms stiff peaks. Gradually add powdered sugar and blend well. Fold 1/2 cup of apple puree into whipped cream, then fold whipped cream into remaining apple puree.
- Spoon into parfait glasses and chill thoroughly. Sprinkle top of each apple cream with nutmeg before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
The Naked MacaronSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More