- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 large apples, unpeeled and cored
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Place apple quarters in a heavy saucepan with cider and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar and prevent scorching. Continue to cook and stir until apples become mushy. Puree through food mill and stir in spices and lemon zest. Cool.
- While apple puree cools, beat cream until it forms stiff peaks. Gradually add powdered sugar and blend well. Fold 1/2 cup of apple puree into whipped cream, then fold whipped cream into remaining apple puree.
- Spoon into parfait glasses and chill thoroughly. Sprinkle top of each apple cream with nutmeg before serving.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
CAPT'N CRUNCH Chili Chicken
Salted, Spiced Caramel SauceSee More