- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- pinch salt
- In large bowl, whisk together sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Alternately whisk in flour mixture and milk, making 3 additions of flour and 2 of milk, beating until smooth. Stir in apples.
- Streusel Directions:In a bowl, whisk together brown sugar and cinnamon. Add butter and rub in with fingertips until mixture holds together in small, moist clumps.
- Scoop about 1/2 of the batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle streusel over batter. Scoop remaining batter over streusel.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.
- Top cooled cupcakes with frosting.
- Caramel Frosting
- 1 cup whipping cream (35%)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 light corn syrup
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- In heavy saucepan, combine cream, brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt. Heat over medium high heat, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted.
- Reducd heat to medium. Cook, stirring often, for 10 to 15 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir until smooth and pour into a bowl. Let cool in bowl, stirring occasionally. Caramel will thicken further as it sits and cools.
- Stir cooled caramel well and spread or spoon over cooled cupcakes.
NotesLast week I made these great little cupcakes. We really enjoyed them, they were moist. The apples added a great texture and the streusel in the centre was a great combination. They tasted good without icing. Dan made a caramel butter cream for them. It was ok with his icing. I will be including the icing they suggested to put on the cupcakes instead. In looking at the photos I took I realized I did not take a final pic....sigh...so I will make them again this week and add it.... :)
Forever FOMO Cures: Photo & Cookbook from your Israeli Family
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY COOKIES
Tomato & Sweet Pepper SalsaSee More