- Cooking Time: 40-50
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy friend is moving into a new home with a pear, peach, fig and apple tree in the yard. I helped her move some boxes this weekend and was rewarded with a bagful of small tart green apples. I made this wonderful dish Sunday night and took it to work today...served after lunch with some vanilla ice cream. It produces a wonderful butter caramel sauce (see picture). It was gone in less than half an hour. The recipe is a combo of 2 different recipes..there are many variations...also called Apple Crumb Betty.
- 4-6 medium apples,peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 C rolled oats (or 1 C graham cracker crumbs)
- 1 t cinnamon
- Place apples in an ungreased 8" square baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl, spread on top of apples.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 40-50 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream. My picture doesn't do it justice, wish I could have got one with the ice cream!!