- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter
- Place apple slices in two quart baking dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Combine flour, sugar, oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cut butter into one-inch chunks. Blend into dry ingredients, using a pastry blender or two forks. When crumbly, sprinkle over apples. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Turn oven down to 350 degrees and bake for 30 minutes more.