4 medium apples, peeled and sliced
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup oats (quick-cooking or old-fashioned)
1/3 cup butter or margerine, softened
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
2. Grease bottom of 8x8inch pan.
3. Spread apples in pan.
4. In a medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients until well mixed.
5. Sprinkle mixture over apples.
6. Bake 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork.
7. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.