- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 tsp cinnamon, reserve half
- 1 tsp clove
- 3 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ oz butter, softened
- 6 lg apples, sliced paper thin
- ¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- Follow directions on cake box to make batter.
- Mix spices, brown sugar and softened butter together.
- Peel and slice (paper thin) the apples and toss with spice mixture.
- Spray deep-dish cake pan and layer the batter, apples, batter, apples.
- Bake as box directions instruct.
- Mix flour, sugar and melted butter.
- Roll mix onto sheet pan ½-inch thick and bake approximately 15 minutes until firm.
- Cool cake and crumb completely.
- Crumble crumb mixture by hand with 1 tsp of cinnamon. Top cake with crumb.