- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into eights
- 1 frozen pre-made 9" deep dish pie crust
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 5 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prebake your pie crust for 20 minutes (use aluminum foil and beans or pie weights to keep the crust from rising up). After 20 minutes, remove the foil and bake an additional 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Arrange the apple slices in the prebaked crust in a circular fashion, starting at the outside and filling in toward the center.
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg yolks, sugar and heavy cream, mixing well with a fork.
- Pour the custard over the apples and sprinkle the 1 Tbsp. of sugar over the top.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes in a preheated 375 degrees F oven, or until the custard has set and apples have nicely browned.
- Cool on wire rack. Chill in the refrigerator before serving.
NotesThis is one of the most simple dessert pies you can make. It comes from Bistro cooking and I've altered ever so slightly. The end result is sure to please!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More