- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups Granny Smith apples, finely chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, broken into pieces
- 6 ounces butterscotch bits
- 1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugar, and oil; beat well with a heavy-duty mixer.
- 3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda; add to egg mixture and beat well with the mixer.
- 4. Fold in vanilla then stir in apples, walnuts, and butterscotch bits thoroughly.
- 5. Pour mixture into a greased Bundt pan; bake for 1 hour on the middle shelf.
- 6. Test for doneness with a broom straw (if you can find one; otherwise, use a toothpick).
- Glaze: (make just before cake is done)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1. Loosen cake from around edges of Bundt pan.
- 2. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan; bring to boil and boil no more than 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3. Cool glaze slightly then spoon over cake; let stand 3 hours before removing cake from Bundt pan (no longer or the cake will stick to the pan
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
The Naked Macaron
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More