- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups Granny Smith apples, finely chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, broken into pieces
- 6 ounces butterscotch bits
- 1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugar, and oil; beat well with a heavy-duty mixer.
- 3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda; add to egg mixture and beat well with the mixer.
- 4. Fold in vanilla then stir in apples, walnuts, and butterscotch bits thoroughly.
- 5. Pour mixture into a greased Bundt pan; bake for 1 hour on the middle shelf.
- 6. Test for doneness with a broom straw (if you can find one; otherwise, use a toothpick).
- Glaze: (make just before cake is done)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1. Loosen cake from around edges of Bundt pan.
- 2. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan; bring to boil and boil no more than 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3. Cool glaze slightly then spoon over cake; let stand 3 hours before removing cake from Bundt pan (no longer or the cake will stick to the pan
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More