- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryA perfect dessert to use up apples in the fall!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teas salt
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 water
- 1 ground cinnamon
- 4 medium Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In large bowl, combine flour, 1/2 c. sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in margarine using pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add combined egg and water; stir until mixture forms a ball of dough.
- Place dough in center of baking sheet or pizza pan. Roll dough into a 12" circle creating 1/2" lip around edge.
- Combine remaining 2T. sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over bottom of crust.
- Peel, core, and slice apples with; cut apples in half.
- Arrange slices over crust beginning at outside edge, overlapping closely.
- Fill center with remaining slices to form blossom shape.
- Bake 40 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is light golden brown.
- Heat apricot preserves in microwave on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until melted. Brush over warm apples and crust. Serve warm or cool.
- ** you can subtitute granny smith apples for any sweet-tart apples.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Healthy On a BudgetSee More
Gluten Free Vietnamese Perogies
Campbell's Kitchen Slow Cooker Bacon Potato ChowderSee More