- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 apples
- 1 heaping Tablespoon sugar and 1/2
- teaspoon cinnamon per apple
- 2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- Use your own pie crust recipe and use tart cooking apples.
- Peel and core.
- Roll dough as for pie.
- Cut in squares large enough to wrap apples. Place apples in center of dough and fill with sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Put pat of butter on top & bring crust up around apples.
- Press edges to seal.
- Place 1-inch apart in baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes to brown crust. Reduce heat and cook until apples are done.
- Mix all together and cook until medium thick. Serve over warm dumplings.
NotesThis was always a treat at apple time & Christmas
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More