- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 apples
- 1 heaping Tablespoon sugar and 1/2
- teaspoon cinnamon per apple
- 2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- Use your own pie crust recipe and use tart cooking apples.
- Peel and core.
- Roll dough as for pie.
- Cut in squares large enough to wrap apples. Place apples in center of dough and fill with sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Put pat of butter on top & bring crust up around apples.
- Press edges to seal.
- Place 1-inch apart in baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes to brown crust. Reduce heat and cook until apples are done.
- Mix all together and cook until medium thick. Serve over warm dumplings.
NotesThis was always a treat at apple time & Christmas
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More