- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 apples
- 1 heaping Tablespoon sugar and 1/2
- teaspoon cinnamon per apple
- 2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- Use your own pie crust recipe and use tart cooking apples.
- Peel and core.
- Roll dough as for pie.
- Cut in squares large enough to wrap apples. Place apples in center of dough and fill with sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Put pat of butter on top & bring crust up around apples.
- Press edges to seal.
- Place 1-inch apart in baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes to brown crust. Reduce heat and cook until apples are done.
- Mix all together and cook until medium thick. Serve over warm dumplings.
NotesThis was always a treat at apple time & Christmas
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free Mama
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Baked Baby Reds
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Classic Blue Cheese DressingSee More