- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- Apple Dumplings
- 6 golden delicious apples, peeled and cored
- 6-Tablespoons of room temperature butter
- 1 ½ teaspoons apple pie spice
- Make a paste of the butter and spice and set aside
- 2 ½ cups packed brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1-teaspoon vanilla
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and add the vanilla.
- Favorite piecrust recipe.
- Divide the butter mixture between the apples, press into the centers.
- Divide the piecrust into two sections and roll out each section. Cut each section into 4 sections. Place an apple in the center of the sections and fold the piecrust up over the apple. I use the extra dough to cut out small leaves and place them on top of the apples. Place in a large baking dish that you have sprayed with a non-stick spray. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for approximately 40 to 45 minutes. Depending on your oven. Check after 35 minutes.
- To serve, pour the warmed syrup over the dumpling and a spoon of whipped cream or better yet, a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
NotesI have had this recipe for over 30 years. I really don't remember where it came from, but I have made changes to it. I hope you like them.
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.
Sailstad Family CookbookSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More