- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Syrup for apples
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1 stick butter
- red hots or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Put this in a pan on med heat to melt the butter and sugar. Bring to a boil and let boil for 3 minutes. Let cool as you prepare the dough and apples.
- Your Favorite dough for a double and single pie crust or the pre-made ones your unroll.
- 12 apples, I use Gala, Jonagold, or Yellow Delicious, peeled and cored.
- Filling for apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together. Cut the butter into 12 pieces.
- Divide the dough and wrap around the apple leaving an opening for filling. Place the wrapped apples in a 9 x 13 pan. now fill the cored apple with the filling and dot with a piece of butter finish bring the dough over the top. They all should fit in the pan with out being smoushed together. Now pour the syrup over the apples. Place in a 425* oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Amsterdam Friends CookbookSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More