- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup apple (1 medium), finely chopped, unpeeled, cored apple
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Fat for frying
- Sifted confectioners' sugar
- In mixing bowl combine beaten egg, milk, finely chopped apple, granulated sugar, salt, grated orange peel, orange juice, and vanilla.
- Stir together flour and baking powder; fold into egg mixture, stirring just till all of the flour is moistened.
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoons into deep hot fat (350°).
- Fry till deep golden brown about 3 minutes, turning once.
- Drain fritters thoroughly on paper towels, ten roll in sifted confectioners' sugar or sift confectioners' sugar over tops.
- Serve warm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More