- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored and chopped to make 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Heat 2 to 3 inches oil to 365ºF in deep fryer or deep saucepan.
- Combine egg and milk in large bowl.
- Stir in apple and 1 tablespoon oil.
- Combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and salt.
- Add to egg mixture.
- Stir until just mixed.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, into oil.
- Fry about 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn as needed for even browning. Remove with slotted spoon.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Combine sugar and remaining 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a re-sealable bag.
- Gently shake fritters in mixture.
- Serve warm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Koken met Oma
Special SmoothiesSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More