- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored and chopped to make 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Heat 2 to 3 inches oil to 365ºF in deep fryer or deep saucepan.
- Combine egg and milk in large bowl.
- Stir in apple and 1 tablespoon oil.
- Combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and salt.
- Add to egg mixture.
- Stir until just mixed.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, into oil.
- Fry about 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn as needed for even browning. Remove with slotted spoon.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Combine sugar and remaining 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a re-sealable bag.
- Gently shake fritters in mixture.
- Serve warm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More