- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 20
- Preparation Time:
- 20 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed and partially risen
- 3 granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- oil for deep frying
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk or half & half
- Preheat oil to 350° F, enough that a 6-inch fritter can float freely. Combine apples, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Transfer the mixture into a strainer over the bowl so excess juice can drain.
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick spray.
- Roll each of two rolls into a 6-inch circle.
- Brush one circle lightly with beaten egg.
- Sprinkle with 2-3 tablespoons of the apple mixture, avoiding the edges.
- Lay the remaining circle over the apple mixture and match up the edges.
- Seal thoroughly by pressing the edges together several times.
- Fry until deep golden brown on both sides.
- Place on a rack to drain.
- Repeat with remaining rolls.
- For glaze, whisk together powdered sugar and milk. Brush warm fritters with glaze and serve when glaze has set.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Paul's Food World Volume 1
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More