- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 20
- Preparation Time:
- 20 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed and partially risen
- 3 granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- oil for deep frying
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk or half & half
- Preheat oil to 350° F, enough that a 6-inch fritter can float freely. Combine apples, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Transfer the mixture into a strainer over the bowl so excess juice can drain.
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick spray.
- Roll each of two rolls into a 6-inch circle.
- Brush one circle lightly with beaten egg.
- Sprinkle with 2-3 tablespoons of the apple mixture, avoiding the edges.
- Lay the remaining circle over the apple mixture and match up the edges.
- Seal thoroughly by pressing the edges together several times.
- Fry until deep golden brown on both sides.
- Place on a rack to drain.
- Repeat with remaining rolls.
- For glaze, whisk together powdered sugar and milk. Brush warm fritters with glaze and serve when glaze has set.
The Social Cookbook
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Ginger White Chocolate And Brandy Pumpkin Mousse
Apple Honey Custard Pie
Tortellini CarbonaraSee More