- Cooking Time: 2–3
- Servings: 50 (8)
- Preparation Time: 90
- 6 eggs (1 egg), separated
- 1 pint (⅓ cup) milk
- 1 lb (½ cup) flour
- 1 tbsp (½ tsp) baking powder
- 1 tsp (1 dash+) salt
- 2 oz (2 tsps) sugar
- ½ tsp (1 dash) cinnamon
- 24 oz (4 oz) apple, peeled, cored and diced
- Powdered sugar as needed
- Oil for frying
- Combine the egg yolks and milk.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the milk and egg mixture and mix until smooth.
- Allow to rest for 1 hour.
- Stir apples into the batter.
- Whip egg whites and add to mixture before frying.
- Scoop the fritters into 350° F oil using the swimming method.* Cook until brown.
- Sift powdered sugar on top.
Notes*SWIMMING METHOD FOR FRYING - in the swimming method, the food is gently dropped into hot oil using tongs. Then it falls to the bottom of the fryer. As it cooks, it "swims" back to the surface. It may be necessary to turn it once it reaches the surface to allow it to brown evenly. Remove with skimmer.
Note also - the amount of ingredients in this recipe is "cooking for a crowd" large 50 servings. However in parentheses next to each amount is a 1/6 size portion so that a more "family size cooking" yield can also be produced serving 8 people.