- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 lb beef brisket
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, cut into halves
- 10 whole cloves
- 1- 10 oz jar apple jelly
- 3 tablespoons brown mustard
- 3 tablespoons minced green onion
- Salt -to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Place brisket, onion, garlic and cloves in a large heavy saucepan. Add water and cover. Simmer 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until beef is tender. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine apple jelly, mustard, green onions, salt, pepper and curry powder in small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Place drained beef in baking dish. Brush with glaze. Bake for 45 minutes, basting often.