- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: ~1 quart
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1.5 pounds apples (or peaches and pears)
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger root
- .5 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- cayenne to taste
- Coarsely chop the apples (you don't have to peel them!!BONUS!).
- Combine everything in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, 45 minutes-1 hour. You can study for your midterm during this period.
- Cool before storing in a jar.
Notes“You have to know when to prod and when to be quiet, when to let things take their course.” -Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees
~It would take about 1 ounce of honey to fuel a honeybee's flight around the world.~
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
NFPG Recipe Collection
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More