- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: ~1 quart
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1.5 pounds apples (or peaches and pears)
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger root
- .5 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- cayenne to taste
- Coarsely chop the apples (you don't have to peel them!!BONUS!).
- Combine everything in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, 45 minutes-1 hour. You can study for your midterm during this period.
- Cool before storing in a jar.
Notes“You have to know when to prod and when to be quiet, when to let things take their course.” -Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees
~It would take about 1 ounce of honey to fuel a honeybee's flight around the world.~
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Blue Collar Beer Cheese Dip
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter FrostingSee More