- Cooking Time: 45
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 9" pie shell, unbaked
- 2 cups peeled and sliced apples (any kind but red delicious)
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cups honey
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional: Chopped nuts for the top
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spread apple slices evenly over pie shell.
- Combine remaining ingredients in the blender (if you have one), and run at high speed for several seconds. If you don't have one, just beat together.
- Pour custard over apples.
- Sprinkle on some nuts (walnuts or almonds) if you want to.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until solid when jiggled.
- Cool at least to room temperature before cutting.
Notes“Drifting off to sleep, I thought about her. How nobody is perfect. How you just have to close your eyes and breathe out and let the puzzle of the human heart be what it is.” -Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees
~Out of 20,000 species of bees, only 4 make honey.~
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More