- Cooking Time: 12
- Preparation Time:
- Apple Jacks
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup apple chopped (I would small dice 1 small-medium apple)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Kraft Carmel bits or Heath Baking bits (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line baking sheet with Parchment or lightly spray with PAM.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Beat the butter with a mixer and add the sugar, vanilla and egg and beat until light and fluffy. Add the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Fold in the apple pieces (and any other add-ins).
- Drop the dough onto baking sheet about 2 inches apart (these spread a bit).
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until light brown and edges are set. Allow to cool slightly on baking sheet and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- NOTE: *DO NOT store completely covered or they will be very very soft and not hold up well due to the moisture in the apples. I find storing loosely covered in the fridge helps them keep their texture, however then the Caramel Bits get hard. I am thinking Toffee Chips might be a better addition next time. These really are best the day you bake, especially after they have cooled a bit but are still warm!
NotesFound on a food blog that I don't remember, haven't tried it yet
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Summertime SippersSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More