- Cooking Time: 12
- Preparation Time:
- Apple Jacks
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup apple chopped (I would small dice 1 small-medium apple)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Kraft Carmel bits or Heath Baking bits (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line baking sheet with Parchment or lightly spray with PAM.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Beat the butter with a mixer and add the sugar, vanilla and egg and beat until light and fluffy. Add the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Fold in the apple pieces (and any other add-ins).
- Drop the dough onto baking sheet about 2 inches apart (these spread a bit).
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until light brown and edges are set. Allow to cool slightly on baking sheet and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- NOTE: *DO NOT store completely covered or they will be very very soft and not hold up well due to the moisture in the apples. I find storing loosely covered in the fridge helps them keep their texture, however then the Caramel Bits get hard. I am thinking Toffee Chips might be a better addition next time. These really are best the day you bake, especially after they have cooled a bit but are still warm!
NotesFound on a food blog that I don't remember, haven't tried it yet
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More